May is Tourism Awareness Month. As part of this celebration, the Dominica Hotel and Tourism Association (DHTA) is again putting on one of its biggest events of the year, Hike Fest!
This year we will be partnering with the Waitukubuli National Trail, Discover Dominica Authority and various other Hiking committees and Tourism Stakeholders, who will be playing an integral role in Hike Fest 2012. We will be utilizing three sections of the Waitikubuli National Trail and the hikes will take place on:
- Distance (KM): 12.8
- Estimated Walking time (hrs): 6
- Type of hike: Easy, family hike.
- Areas of interest: Old road (Carib trace), Emerald Pool and Facility, Castle Bruce Swamp, Forest station & nursery, Neg Maron Headquarters, Savanne David, Castle Bruce Village, Jaco Cave, Morne Turner (Morn Neg Maron), Creole Gardens and Spanny Falls (optional)
- Distance (km): 6.4
- Estimated Walking time (hrs): 4
- Type of hike: Easy hike, family hike
- Areas of interest: Morne Diablotin, Secondary forest, Agricultural farming, Parrot habitat, Syndicate Nature Trail & Welcome Center (optional)
- Areas of interest: Go discover hidden sand beaches, quiet, cozy bays, fascinating rock formations that jut out into the sea. Take in the breathtaking, panoramic views of Marie Galante and the two islets: Mastle & Noble. Feel the exhilarating Atlantic breeze in your face and listen to the calming sound of the ocean.
- EC$40 for 1 hike
- EC$ 70 for 2 hikes
- EC$90 for 3 hikes (DHTA Members)
- EC$100 for 3 hikes (Non-DHTA Members)
Price includes: Transportation, Water and a Hike Fest 2012 t-shirt!
To learn more about hiking and other adventure activities in Dominica, visit http://www.dhta.org/news-a-events/hike-fest
Dominica Hike Fest 2011:
- Hikefest 2011: Pont Casse to Middleham Falls
- Hikefest 2011: Soufriere Estate to Bellevue Chopin
- Hike Fest 2011 Offers Unique Ways to See the Nature Island
Dominica Hike Fest 2010:
- Hikefest 2010: Hike #3 â€“ Capuchin to Cabrits National Park
- Hikefest 2010: Hike #2 – Soufriere to Scotts Head
- Hikefest 2010: The Carib Territory, Salybia to Pagua Bay
- Dominica Hike Fest 2010: The Best Island Hikes Around!
Dominica Hike Fest 2009: