South Eastern Reunion Activities
- The festival will open with a motorcade on Friday, December 15th from Delices to Grand Fond where a reception will be held.
- On Thursday December 22nd â€“ a south eastern Senior Citizen Day in all communities is scheduled. A Cheme-Letang (Lake Road) history play in La Plaine is also scheduled on that day.
- On Boxing Day(December 26th) – there will be a reunion dance at Jungle Bay Resorts in Pointe Mularte.
- On December 29th a symposium dealing with the history, culture, current and future educational, health, agriculture, socio-economic development and human capital empowerment of the region.
- On December 30th starting at 2:00am, a motorcade will originate north from the banks of the Rosalie River accompanied by lapo Cabrit bands. At 9:00 pm that evening, the last event of the reunion will occur at the La Plaine Playing Field where the calypso monarchs and stars of the south east like Dominicaâ€™s reigning carnival calypso king, Dice, who hails from the hamlet of Boetica, and â€˜Hunterâ€™ whose dad hails from La Plaine, will â€˜bring down the house’ in a massive Jâ€™Ouvert jam session.
We pray that everyone comes out and help make the South Eastern Reunion a great sucess. For more information on the schedule activities please contact Mrs Claudine Roberts (Reunion Coordinator) La Plaine – If someone knows the Mrs. Roberts Tel # please update it.