It looks like visitors will have to pay more to access a number of Dominicaâ€™s attractions effective July 1, 2008. A quick note: The trails to Morne Diablotin and Morne Trois Pitons are now added to user fees sites.
According to visitdominica blog the changes are:
- Site Pass tickets increase from US$2 to US$ 3 for PRE-SOLD organized tours.
- Site Pass Tickets to be increased from US$2 to US$5 for all private tours and stay over visitors.
- Week pass Tickets to increase from US$10 to US$12.
- Day pass is no more.
Change in Ferry Schedules for Dominica
Steve over at Visit-dominica blog is also reporting a change in Lâ€™Express des iles Ferry service into Dominica from the period July 11 to August 31, 2008 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please note that if youâ€™re traveling too and from Dominica using the ferry, that the ferry service will ONLY be running from Cabrits Portsmouth and NOT from Roseau.
Schedule is as follows:
- Guadeloupe: Departure: 08.00
- Portsmouth: Arrival: 09.15 / Departure: 09.45
- Martinique: Arrival: 11.45
- Martinique: Departure: 14.00
- Portsmouth: Arrival: 16.00 / Departure: 16.30
- Guadeloupe: Arrival: 17.45
Contact Whitchurch Shipping Dept at (767) 255-1125 or Ext 1126 for further information or visit L’Express-des-iles.com.
Great News for Renewable Energy in Dominica
In the recently 2008-2009 budget brought great news for all those interested in setup alternative energy businesses in Dominica. To encourage the use of alternative forms of energy on the island, the government has announced with immediate effect the removed all duties on equipment to be used in self-generation of energy.
Tourism Minister Takes Part in Discover Scuba Diving
This yearâ€™s Dive Fest at the Anchorage Hotel is so far is living up to all the hype, when the Ministry of Tourism decided to take part in the â€˜Discover Scuba Divingâ€™ and luckily the guys (Izzy and steve) from divefestdominica.com were right on the scene to capture the Minister’s (Amateur) plunge.