Dominica Passport | Caribbean Recipes | Dominica Photos | Classified Ads | Search Jobs | Advertise here!

Experience Dominica – The Nature Island: Dominica Vacations | Exotic Vacations | Honeymoon Destination

Dominica weekly is a personal weblog about the nature island of Dominica.

We did it guys; Tarina is the 2007 Digicel Rising Stars winner, and she is simply the best. It just goes to show that dreams do come true…If you’ve a dream you have to protect it… Let me say congratulations Tarina…you did it girl…you have made all Dominicans all over the world proud to be Dominican. We Love you Tarina

Share this Dominica article with your friends:

Facebook Twitter Google Buzz Google Bookmarks Digg Reddit delicious Technorati Slashdot Yahoo My Web

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to our RSS feed!

RSS feed | Trackback URI

12 Comments »

Comment by Verve Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-10 21:59:43

Congratulations Tarina!!! Girl you mash it up!!!!

Comment by Sparkle
2007-11-11 19:09:18

Congrats Tarina, you were my favorite from the first time you peform in Barbados. I was at the Party Stand in Barbados for every show this season. You are a real star, you are beautiful and genuine. You deserved to win that competition. You have natural talent and you do a wicked Tina Turner.

I am glad to know that all my texting paid off. I felt as if I had won the lottery when you were announced the winner last night. You rock Tarina! Keep up the good work, and may God continue to bless you, and I want you to continue to give your best at all times. You will go international. That is my wish for you, to be recognized internationally, and I am sure it will happen.

Keep your head up and make us proud. I want to say congrats to all Dominicans, you have sent us a wonderful person, and she made us all in Barbados very proud. I can go on and on, but I’ll stop here for now. God Bless you Tarina, we love you.

Comment by Mario Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-11 00:26:04

And We have A Winner!!!

Blue Blue….. Alas Dominica… our hopes, prayers, dreams, and aspirations for a certain tiny island princess of song have been answered. Our young songbird Tarina Simon has prevailed as the 2007 Digicel Rising Star. It was a long hard road and somewhat of an emotional rollercoaster to get is to this point. Let me be the first on this forum to congratulate this young lady on captivating the hearts and minds of not only Dominica and the Caribbean, but by extension, the world.

Tarina we hope you realize that this is not the end game but in fact a new beginning. You have now created very big shoes for your self and the anticipation is building for Carnival and Calypso in 2008. I have no doubt that you will surpass everyone’s expectations not just because you are a stellar performer, but because you also elect to put God first in your life and proclaim that to the masses every chance you get.

Here is to hoping that one or more of our extremely gifted Dominican songwriters, and we know we have quite a few who shall remain nameless (Mr. Aaron), finds it in their creative genius to write you the song that will give birth to the first ever female calypso monarch of Dominica. We will not look to, or talk about, anything that happened in previous years. Our hopes for you are forward facing and filled with positive energy, support, and love.

Blue Blue…… not even sure what the hell that means but we love you girl!

Comment by Ikarmola Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-12 15:14:00

I just want to cngratulate Tarina, I am Dominican and I feel so proud. I look forward to hearing great things about you in the near future.

Comment by lisa Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-12 15:54:57

😆 girl you are simply the best you are a bomb

Comment by Aqua Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-12 18:26:59

GIIIIIRRRLLLLLL…….U HAVE IT AND YOU HAVE IT GOOOD…YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST AND I HOPE YOUR MOMMY BUY YOU ANOTHER RACKDOLL YOU DESERVE THAT AND MORE 😉 ….ENJOY YOUR VICTORY YOU HAVE WORKED REALLY HARD TO EARN IT 😮 …..YOU MAD ENOT ONLY DOMINICA PROUD BUT ALLLLLLL THE DOMINICANS AND REGIONAL SISTERS ALIKE REALLY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS THEIR OWN RISING STAR….FOR NOT ONE SECOND YOU WERE DOUBTED THAT YOU WILL CAPTURE THIS TITLE….GIRL YOU ARE TOOO AMAZING 🙂 …YOU SINGING BRINGS A HEART FULL OF TEARS AND SHIVERS ON MY SKIN…THATS HOW DEEP YOU LET OUT YOUR SWEET MELODY 😛 …..KEEP ON BEING ‘TARINA THE GREAT’ KEEP ON BEING ‘QUEEN TARINA’ KEEP ON BEING ‘TARINA’ AND KEEP ON BEING THAT LITTLE SONGBIRD WE ALL PRAY AND HOPE TO KEEP ON LEADING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY TO AN INCLINING STEER….TARINA CONGRATULATIONS AND ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE BEST ❗ ❗ ❗ …… 😛 😉 😆

Comment by Ladyj Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-12 19:36:12

Tarina, my text did not go in vain. Girl you are simply the best, better than all the rest. Girl, God Bless you with a beautiful voice. I am proud and feel very happy both for you and your mum. She has worked really hard to raise a star. CONGRATS TO YOU, TARINA AND YOUR MUM, JENNIFER.

Comment by shabinne Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-13 15:22:41

Tarina, Tarina! You are simply the best. Let me first begin to say that I first recognised your talent when you were a participant in the C&W Star quest competition. You did not emerge winner however we all knew that you deserved to win. Lets not look to the past though. Then you entered the calypso arena and have made your presence truly felt that you elevated to the top among the big guns for the Calypso Monarch. You have places to go girl…and you have the talent to do so. Keep aiming for the stars and making your Dominican people proud. I am a true fan of yours and want to wish you all the best in all your future endeavors. I know for sure you will be going places. This is just the beginning for you sweetie.
God bless you, may his face keep shining upon you and always give thanks, cause the lord almight blessed you with a wonderful voice. Cherish your talent. Remain humble and true to yourself!! One love

Comment by SPAGS Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-13 18:30:56

Continue to blaze your trail, but never burn your bridges..

All the best in every respect.. You were SIMPLY THE BEST..

Comment by sweetness Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-13 19:10:16

u’re simply the best darlin. keep reachin 4 the stars. we really made. we never gonna regret textin our votes 4 u. keep shining!!! all the best in the future!!! WE ALL LOVE U!!! 🙂 😎 😀 😉

Comment by linson marshelle Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-13 21:39:32

you are the best. you are a good singer and i also like your smile.

Comment by Quiche Subscribed to comments via email
2008-01-03 13:00:07

congrats u deserve it 😀

Name (required)
E-mail (required - never shown publicly)
URI
Your Comment (smaller size | larger size)

Trackback responses to this post

Business Key Top Sites