Music festivals give you a high. Not only do they provide you with an occasion to dawn your most dramatic attires, they also provide you with a social setting where you can meet many new and interesting people. The experience is always exhilarating. If attending a summer music festival is on your to-do list, you must start with the Dominica’s 2016 World Creole Music Festival.
This music festival, which was first held in 1997, has been attracting music lovers from around the world for all the right reasons. Unlike other music festivals that serve run-of-the-mill names, the Dominica World Creole Music Festival is known for serving an eclectic mix of both traditional and contemporary.
Here are 5 reasons to come to Dominica’s 2016 World Creole Music Festival.
1. You will fall in love with the venue: The Dominica World Creole Music Festival is held in the capital city of Roseau every year. The 2016 addition of the festival will be held from 28th to 30th July at the Windsor Park Stadium. This is a big stadium that can easily accommodate thousands of people. The beautiful lighting will only add to the overall feel of the music while you are attending one of the concerts. Not just that, there is so much you can explore while in Roseau. From beaches and gardens to wildlife tours and hiking, the city has so much to offer to its visitors. You will fall in love with the venue as well as the city.
2. You will witness authentic Creole music: While most music festivals rely on genres that people are already well-versed with, the Dominica World Creole Music Festival is different in the fact that it gives its visitors a chance to witness authentic creole music. Each year, it features some of the best artists from Creole -speaking countries. Also, it will give you a chance to witness music genres like Kompa, Bouyon, Zouk and Soukos. These music genres leave a lasting impact on the listeners.
3. You will get a chance to see some great artists playing: In the past, the Dominica World Creole Music Festival has featured some very impressive names. Artists and bands like Michele Henderson, Ophelia Marie, Exile One, Taxi Creole, Magnum Band, Kassav and Zouk Machine have played at this music festival in the past. This year’s schedule also includes some mighty impressive names like Akon, Kes The Band, Midnight Groovers, Michele Henderson, Timaya, T-Micky, Wyclef and many more.
4. You will get a chance to try authentic Creole food: If you are someone who likes to explore things, you must start by exploring different cuisines. After all, there is nothing like good food. The Dominica World Music Festival will give you a chance to explore original Creole food. If you are living in any part of the world other than Dominica, it is quite unlikely that you will ever get a chance to taste original Creole dishes. Even if you manage to find a restaurant that serves Creole food, it will not taste as good as the food you will find in Dominica. Attend this music festival for the food.
5. You should go the 2016 Dominica World Creole Festival to witness this island’s beauty: Dominica is one of the most beautiful Caribbean islands. It is known for its beautiful beaches, impressive lakes and scenic landscapes. Its seashores will give you a chance to relax and enjoy solitude as well as good company. Come to the Dominica World Creole Music Festival as an excuse to see the beautiful island that Dominica is.
No comments yet.