New To Cruising
Okay, are you new to cruising? Itâ€™s ok if youâ€™re new, because that means you are maybe planning a cruise or you just came back from one. Unlike me, I have just been procrastinating for the last two years. This year is definitely the year I stop all this procrastination and book one of those damn fun cruises. 🙂 You are maybe saying to yourself â€œ why am I writing about a cruise vacation if have never experience oneâ€ and you know I asked myself that same question while writing this post. Well, I guess just like most people, Iâ€™m check out what to expect on my Royal Caribbean cruise vacation and chose to spare with everyone. I guess thatâ€™s the reason why there is 367,367 searches in one month alone on yahoo.com about Royal caribbean cruise vacation .
Hey, while some people (Iâ€™m not going to call any names) may think cruising is expensive, I think a Royal Caribbean cruise â€œfun-adventureâ€ vacation is actually a great value and is a smart, affordable way to travel. When youâ€™re onboard, almost everything is taken care of- your accommodations, gourmet meals and snacks throughout the day. Not to mention all activities (fitness center, entertainment, etc) are all paid for. Even 24-hour room service is included. This is definitely the vacation for me! 🙂
Nowadays it doesnâ€™t matter that youâ€™re too old or too young, anyone can be aboard these fun ships. From kids to grandparents, a Royal Caribbean cruise is the perfect vacation no matter what your age. There are activities for the mild to wild and every explorer in between. With tons of entertainment options, shopping and gambling for adults. And state â€“of-the- art fitness facilities, with classes like kickboxing and yoga, Spas and dining venues to suit every taste, no wonder cruise vacations are on the top off nearly everyone to do list.
What Happens On A Cruise?
Hmmmâ€¦where do start. I think it might be impossible to explore all of the adventures available to you onboard a Royal Caribbean Cruise ship, especially if you are on one of those seven days, seven nights cruise packages. There is rock climbing, to wine tasting, to sitting poolside and the list of activities goes on and on.
On a cruise, it doesnâ€™t matter if youâ€™re the kinda couple that just want to stay in there cabins for the entire cruise 😉 and just relax that cool. But if you are the explorer at heart like myself, a cruise vacation is great way see the world and explore some of the most amazing places on earth, care â€“free 🙂 Your days at sea can be packed with activities from morning till night that sometimes your have no more energy left for the nightime shows and parties. It really helps if you plan your times, so you donâ€™t miss out on any of the activities that you want to do. After all, itâ€™s your vacation; you choose to spend it however you like.
To 10 Insider Cruising Tips
Check out the top â€“ten extremely useful tips recommended by past Royal Caribbean Cruise passengers. If you are new to cruising these tip will definitely help you make the most of your cruise vacation adventure.
1. Online Check-In – Speed up the boarding process by completing the Online Check-In process online after reserving your cruise, instead of at the port prior to departure.
2. Our Shore & Land Excursions are fun, full of adventure and very popular, so they book up fast. You have 3 options: reserve them online (up to 10 days before departure), reserve them onboard the first day at the Explorations Desk or on your TV in your stateroom using your remote control. Reserve early so you won’t miss out on any of the fun.
3. For the first day of your cruise, pack a small carry-on bag with your travel documents, a change of clothes, bathing suit, maybe workout clothes, and any medications you may need. This will allow you to begin enjoying your vacation immediately, because you won’t have to wait for your bags to arrive at your stateroom.
4. If the spa is your thing, try to make your appointments on the first day, as the most popular treatments and times fill up fast.
5. If you want to grab a bite to eat when you first get onboard, head up to the Windjammer CafÃ©; they’ll be serving.
6. Every ship has two seatings for dinner in the main dining room – 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. When you book your cruise you can select what time works best for you and we’ll assign you a table. Also, some of our ships have specialty restaurants (i.e., Italian, steak, etc.) we highly recommend you try. (A nominal fee applies.) For more info check out Dining.
7. To make your cruise even more enjoyable, we offer soda/juice drink packages that entitle you to unlimited beverages at our bars and lounges. It’s a great idea for families!
8. What’s the SeaPassSM? For your convenience, our ships use the SeaPass signing system. This system allows you to charge all onboard purchases by presenting the Cruise Card that is issued to you upon boarding. On the last morning of your cruise vacation, an itemized statement will be delivered to your stateroom for verification. Your SeaPass charges will be billed automatically to the credit card you selected upon check-in.
9. Getting on and off the ship – Depending on the port, there are two ways to get on and off the ship. In some ports, we dock right in the port so you can get on and off whenever you want via the gangplank. And in other ports, we use tenders (small ferry-like boats) that will take you to the port; tenders run frequently between the ship and the port. But remember to ALWAYS bring your SeaPass with you, as you will need it to get off and get back on the ship.
10. Tipping – So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we’ve developed these gratuity guidelines:
- Suite attendant – $5.75 USD a day per guest
- Stateroom attendant – $3.50 USD a day per guest
- Dining Room Waiter – $3.50 USD a day per guest
- Assistant Waiter – $2.00 USD a day per guest
- Headwaiter – $.75 USD a day per guest
Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.
Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.
Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:
- Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your reservation agent.
- Added to your onboard SeaPass account.
- Paid in cash at the end of the cruise
Information Source: Royal Caribbean Website
Don’t Miss Out!
So stop dreaming about a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation and just keep putting off for next year, right now there is no excuse on the cost of a Caribbean cruise, those were the days when a cruise vacation was $1200 bucks, nowadays there are many different cruise vacations and depending on the cruise liner there are cruise vacations as low as $450.00. Just start by choosing your favorite destinations, or by port of departure or even the ship your have been always longing to go aboardâ€¦Trust me itâ€™s that good ❗
No comments yet.