From January 23 to February 16, 2010, Dominicaâ€™s â€œThe Real Mas,â€ Carnival, unquestionably one of the most festive times on â€œthe Nature Island,â€ will display the unique folklore and pageantry of Dominica.
A jubilant, engaging experience for local residents and visitors alike, Carnival celebrates the rich culture and heritage of Dominican people through exuberant festivities and events.
Here are some of major events scheduled for Carnival 2010 in Dominica:
- Jan 23rd: National Parade and Official Carnival Opening
- Jan 29th: Junior Calypso Monarch
- Feb 12th: Miss Dominica Pageant
- Feb 13th: LIME Calypso Finals
- Feb 15th: Carnival Monday: Costume Street Parade and the traditional Masquerade
- Feb 16th: Carnival Tuesday:Street Jump-up (T-bands and Gangs).
While thereâ€™s many other reasons to visit Dominica, our â€œReal Masâ€ is by far the most exciting time to visit Dominica, visitors will be lured into the spirit of Carnival and will be mesmerized by the vibrant visuals and sounds of the festivities.
It’s still not to late to be apart of Dominica Carnival 2010…come and experience one of the Caribbeanâ€™s most original Carnivals for yourself.