Untouched and unspoiled, Dominica is a filmmakerâ€™s paradise. It offers a variety of beautiful scenic and exotic locations.
Known as the Nature Island of Dominica, the island offers jungle and swamp locations, grasslands, mangroves, reeds and mudflats, lush virgin rain forests, cascading rivers, waterfalls and fresh water lakes, one of which is the only boiling lakes existing in the world today.
Not forgetting itâ€™s beautiful black and golden sand beaches, dramatic coastlines, towering mountains, unique Creole Architecture and the list goes on and on.
Films Shot In Dominica
From Box-Office blockbuster movies to reality TV Series shows Dominica has done it all. There are some of the other films shot in Dominica:
- CBS Survivor (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean â€“ At Worldâ€™s End (2005)
- Pirates of the Caribbean â€“ Dead Manâ€™s Chest (2005)
- Prenupt Challenge– Stonehenge Media (2005)
- Wide Sargasso Sea By Sea UWI (1989)
- The Seventh Sign By Tri-Star Pictures (1988)
- Once Upon A Sunday (1965)
- Columbus â€“ A Rank Studioâ€™s/ Gainsborough Film (1948)
FILM DOMINICA: The Dominica Film Commission
Dominica Film Commission is a one-stop shop which takes care of all the producer’s needs, facilitating and allowing one to film cost effectively, faster and better. The Commission also offers other services including: assistance with location scouting; identifying and securing locations; assistance in obtaining a film license, work permit exemptions, visa waivers, special import permits and duty free exemption on all capital and other good used for filming.
For more information about the Dominica Film Commission and how they can help, contact the National Development Corporation -Valley Road, Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica
Tel: 1 (767) 448 2045; Fax: 1 (767) 448 5840; email: [email protected] or visit discoverdominica dot com.
- Man of the Soil Film Wins Best Film Award in the ‘Shorts’ Category at IFFF
- Nom tÃ¨w – Man of the soil
- Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 Will Be A Spin-Off
- A Video on How to Boost Your Brain Power
- Oscar Winning Documentary â€œThe Coveâ€ highlights Dominica as a Key Player in Preservation & Conservation of Natural Environment