A few months ago Cable and Wireless introduced a new VOIP (voice over Internet protocol) service called Netspeak.
I have taken sometime to speak to a few people about the new service and to my surprise very someone I spoke to had some great views about the service. I started asking myself this question (why is cable & wireless is offering this service?… wouldn’t they loosing money with their fixed land lines. I will try to talk with someone at marketing to justify the logic behind this service.
After glancing through the Netspeak website, found that is a great new way to make and receive phone calls using your broadband or high speed Internet connection instead of your standard phone line. People are not aware that Netspeak allows you to have one free USA/Canada telephone number, which mean family and friends can call your USA/Canada number at local rates.
- Enjoy tons of Great Features you would get from your normal telephone account for no extra charge.
- Real time billing, anytime through your Web Account Management
- Quick Access to local Emergency Services through Netspeaks 911 Emergency Feature
- Unbelievable Rates to International & Regional Destinations
Here’s what you need:
- A Cable & Wireless Account Number
- A working Broadband/high speed Internet connection of 128 kpbs or higher (recommended 256 kbps / 512 kbps for users who want to access the internet and use NetSpeak at the same time. Xnet on Demand packages are not recommended with this product.
- A C&W NetSpeak Plan and a C&W NetSpeak Box
- Electicity and an Ethernet ADSL Modem & Network Card (for those who want internet as well).